Monday, June 22, 2009

Dublin: jetlag 1 meredith 0






This is day one in Dublin



I'm officially in Dublin and officially jet lagged. I pasted in a different post and got an interesting collage of pictures. There's an image of Jill at the airport and then at St. Steven's green.. and in both, she has her jetlag face on. It stayed that way all day. and she wasn't the only one. We all felt it. After on and off sleeping today, we ventured to the city area of dublin. Something I noticed right away was the conglomeration of architecture. The first arch we came to was, Roman or something similar. Classical? And then I saw a church in the distance that's from some completely different time. But there's a main street that seems very vintage European. However, it's like someone kidnapped it and made it contemporary shopping.. which in my eyes, takes away the effect. Still reaaally beautiful though. The buildings seem older, but I can't pinpoint when. And then the tourism office is of a completely different time period. I want to say gothic or something similar. Very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment